Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's people out there that have had full grown horses in their house. There's even one out there that has a full grown Buffalo that's a big ole sweetie in their house. And I thought I saw something a while back about a family that had a Hippo that they raised that would go into their house as well.

I guess that's why they say, "To each their own". Better them than me.

Someone who wanted to buy some of my fertile eggs. The dumb just kept pouring out of her mouth.

Her: Do I need to do anything to them to make them hatch? Or do I just put them in the nest and hope for the best?
Me: Do you have a broody chook?
Her: What's that?
Me: -_-

Me: What breed do you have?
Her: They're a little beakless black breed that lays 2 eggs every day.
Me: ...do you mean that they're debeaked?
Her: No, they're born without beaks. That's what the guy I bought them from told me.
Me: Then he lied to you. *explains de-beaking* Also - no chicken lays 2 eggs every day.
Her: I can't say that I pay that much attention to them.

Yeah...needless to say, I'm not selling her eggs.

Modern breeds of chickens are after all "domesticated" breeds
wink.png
and so you can tell them that they ARE labeled and the lablel is "domestic" and so should live in a house and keeping them anywhere else is cruel.
big_smile.png

Almost all of chickens living in this country sleep inside a structure and over 99.9% spend all their life in a building (commercial hen house). They are all bred to live inside. No reptiles (turtles, snakes) or fish that people keep in their house as pets is designed that way.

I'm guessing she probably eats eggs from chickens that are kept in cages and slaughtered after two years. Because that's the way things ought to be done.

Someone who wanted to buy some of my fertile eggs. The dumb just kept pouring out of her mouth.

Her: Do I need to do anything to them to make them hatch? Or do I just put them in the nest and hope for the best?
Me: Do you have a broody chook?
Her: What's that?
Me: -_-

Me: What breed do you have?
Her: They're a little beakless black breed that lays 2 eggs every day.
Me: ...do you mean that they're debeaked?
Her: No, they're born without beaks. That's what the guy I bought them from told me.
Me: Then he lied to you. *explains de-beaking* Also - no chicken lays 2 eggs every day.
Her: I can't say that I pay that much attention to them.

Yeah...needless to say, I'm not selling her eggs.

Thank the Gods. She doesn't need hatching eggs. Can't really say what she *does* need, but it's not more chickens.
sad.png

I had some guys at work asking me where the egg came out, the front or the back... Took me a second to find the words. Then when they found out I didn't have a rooster they didn't get how the heck the chickens made eggs without them. Then they wondered if eggs that weren't fertilized tasted weird, unlike the stuff at the store. Needed a break after all that so I went back to work LOL.

I had some guys at work asking me where the egg came out, the front or the back... Took me a second to find the words. Then when they found out I didn't have a rooster they didn't get how the heck the chickens made eggs without them. Then they wondered if eggs that weren't fertilized tasted weird, unlike the stuff at the store. Needed a break after all that so I went back to work LOL.

Lol!

Too funny.

A woman who works with my husband drew a picture of a chicken for him for his birthday. He laughed and said, "Why does it have four legs?" She said, "What do you mean?" She had no idea chickens only have two legs.

I like to remind people that humans also continue to ovulate outside the presence of a man ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom