Dumor Chick Starter

I alternate between the fees store chick starter which is medicated and the TSC Dumor stuff because it has higher protein (the feed store's is 18%) and I have guinea keets which supposedly need more protein. In fact I am buying the 24% Dumor. Once everyone is old enough I'll probably switch everyone to a cheaper feed store ration.

I have not noticed any difference in smell as mentioned in that other thread.

I havent noticed any smell either. I find that their poop is better looking on the Dumor than the Purina, and doesnt stink as much

That's so funny because we started with Purina starter/grower and recently switched to DuMor grower/finisher and I think the stink is 10 times worse!!
idunno.gif

Quote:
That's so funny because we started with Purina starter/grower and recently switched to DuMor grower/finisher and I think the stink is 10 times worse!!
idunno.gif

Really? Interesting...Maybe it depends on the chicks. I find the smell a lot better. And the poop consistency is better on the Dumor.

Quote:
idunno.gif

Really? Interesting...Maybe it depends on the chicks. I find the smell a lot better. And the poop consistency is better on the Dumor.

Type of chicks is an interesting idea; I have guineas, barred rocks, buckeyes and GLWs.

I am also on well water. Some municipalities put chlorine and other additives regularly in the water.

Since very few of us live in close proximity to one another, comparing our chickens' poop based on different brands of feed is useless.
old.gif
There are wayyyyy too many factors to include...not just the brand of feed. As stated above, the type of water has an effect...a big effect. A better comparison would be regarding how well the chicks eat the feed...since that's the one thing they all do the same!
big_smile.png
But really, do chickens have taste buds?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I used Dumor on my last batch of juvies....I had a really odd feather issue while using it, so I switched to Purina Start & Grow, and the issue went away. Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom