Dumor vs Nutrena All Flock

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
I was in my tsc the other day looking for bigger bags of duck feed and all they had was all flock no specific Purina duck feed. I picked up the dumor brand it was 19.50 for 40 lbs then looked over and saw the nutrena was 17.30 for 40 lbs. I've never used nutrena but I have used the dumor layer feed. My hens seem to go through more of that than they do the Purina or co op brand layer. My pen also has a higher poop smell since they been on it. Any reason not to use the cheaper nutrena over the dumor?

I use Nutrena Naturewise Starter-Grower feed 18% and Purina Medicated Start and Grow 18% for my egg layer chickens.
I feed the Purina to day old Chicks through 10 weeks of age then when bag is empty switch to Nutrena throughout Adulthood with Oyster Shells separately.
I bought DuMOR Starter-Grower once years ago.
I prefer Nutrena. GC

I found a older thread on here with this same topic. They were experiencing the same thing I am. Chickens eat more dumor and poop smells worse. Main reason i wanted the all flock was for the ducks i guess the niacin is ok in it for them they seem to be eating it and not wasting it.

I use Nutrena -- Dumor costs a lot more. My chickens won't eat it either....and they eat anything!

You'll want to consider though the All Flock is higher in some things than chicken feed.... My unscientific decision was let the ducks eat the same as the chickens, not the other way around.

We get a great egg turn out from both sides.... and I don't have to worry about what's the magic recipe in the grain so much.

Since all my girls, and boy get to do a partial free-range, anything missing they're getting on their own and then some.

Back
Top Bottom