Dumping Rant_Happy update!

Right before Thanksgiving, someone dumped 5 week-old puppies in a local gas station's dumpster. An employees found the puppies, but they couldn't be saved. they were too malnourished and had hypothermia. A reward was posted. Within 2 weeks with help from the community, the owner was found. He still had the mother and 2 puppies; they were taken away. He recieved 2 years in jail, a $1500 fine, 300 community service hours at the animal shelter where his puppies died, and isn't allowed to own animals for several years. once and a while, the guilty ones are found.

Thanks for the support everyone
hugs.gif

cristy17-I do see your point and value everyone's opinion regardless if I agree. Unfortunately, in Indiana, the law usually does not pursue animal cruelty cases. We do not have an SPCA here but we have a large number of vets that are called when a situation like this happens. My vet has personally fostered hundreds of animals, including newborns. So, yes, they may have a chance. Please don't take this post as an attack, that is not how it is intended; I only want to inform you of how our AC works. That's one of the reasons this angers me so much. People can take animals to the shelter, they don't have to die in a Christmas gift bag.

Quote:
i agree.. as a vet tech we used to take home puppies and kittens alot.. My parents werent real happy about it but you know.. I even raised a few when i volunteered at AC ...

My vet actually has her 2 daughters help with raising the pets, she says it has been a valuable lesson for them.

Thanks CC
hugs.gif

How many times I have read on here .about people trappig wild pest or predators and dumpig them somewhere else. So its not just unwanted pets.

Big thing here are kitten being dump.......

Even if those puppies were put down, still better than ,them freezing to death in the bag.
somad.gif

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to update you guys on the puppies. An employee of the gas station is also a volunteer at Animal Control and has taken the puppies home to get them weaned. She is a part time student and will have plenty of time to give them the care they need. The cold didn't get to them and she was able to get milk re-placer for the puppies and so far they are doing great!! She will raise the puppies until they are old enough to be spayed/neutered and find a forever family for them. I love happy endings!
I go to the gas station quite often and will update those of you who are interested.

Back
Top Bottom