Dumpster Diving coop with pics.

It's not finished on the outside, but the inside is ready for occupancy! lol. The bantam chicks have been sleeping in the 'Mini Coop" for 2 days now. Last night I watched 5 of them go in all by them selves and I had to encourage the others to go in, but I figured in a couple a days they will get the hang of it. I need to add some trim and paint the whole thing, but I waiting to find some "opps" paint at Lowes, or Wallie World. I need to build the nesting boxes. I have the hole where the nesting boxes are going to be covered up, and I am going to make it where the nesting boxes will be accessed from the outside of the run, which will call for some reworking of the run. That can be done later on as it will be a while before they will be laying. The second pic is my other coop that I built with new materials. I can say it was more satisfying building the second one, because it cost nearly nothing!

Last edited:
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
Some new pics of the coop.

Our new little flock three game and three white leghorn hens. At this point for the coop and the birds I'm in at $3. Paid $1 for each game hen.

Hope to start on my run this weekend. Coop needs a roof. My wife plans to get me a Red Golden pheasant for my birthday. So I have a lot of work to do.

Hope to start on my run this weekend. Coop needs a roof. My wife plans to get me a Red Golden pheasant for my birthday. So I have a lot of work to do.

Looking good! They will be ready to move in soon! I was walking by the paint dept in Lowes and saw some "opps paint." Found a gallon of exterior paint with primer for 5 dollars. It's a light orange sherbert color. For 5 dollars, I thought it would look great! LOL. Now got to find some wood trim for the corners and around the windows. I am now in for 20 dollars so far for my bantam coop. LOL

Looking good! They will be ready to move in soon! I was walking by the paint dept in Lowes and saw some "opps paint." Found a gallon of exterior paint with primer for 5 dollars. It's a light orange sherbert color. For 5 dollars, I thought it would look great! LOL. Now got to find some wood trim for the corners and around the windows. I am now in for 20 dollars so far for my bantam coop. LOL
You have done wonderfully to only have that much invested. At Lowe's I happened to find a nice gallon of Cabot's exterior stain oops paint in a medium grey which is working well on my "Old West" coop.

Going tomorrow to get the roof. 10'x10' porch metal roof. I have to buy some wood for the run I can get none pressure treated wood all day, but my hens are growing up and need a bigger area. Yea my wife has been looking for oops paint she liked.

Back
Top Bottom