Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Not me.
hmm.png

Quote:
Not me.
hmm.png

Not lately here either. Although, I have to be honest, I steer clear of most shopping places this time of year, and there are very few yard sales, etc. around during the winter.

found an antique apple press in working condition - it'll press 6 quarts of apples at once - it's the hand crank kind so I don't know how hard it will be to use. paid $50 for it, but it's *working* condition and clean, not rusted up... the only other ones I've seen at that price were a long way from operational.
the thing weights like 60 lbs too
roll.png

Last edited:
a very great xmas!!! found on Thursday a 36" flat screen tv that i'm now using as a computer monitor, today i found a haro bmx trick bike for my son who turned 11 on the 25th, Happy bday son!! a toaster oven for me!! and a box load of other small items!!! I'd better start giving some stuff away, this hoarding is getting the house full!!!
lol.png

My husband just scored a truck load of furniture that came out of barracks rooms. Two beds, 2 desks , 2 night stands, 2 lamps, 2 armoires....... all free. Pretty much every room had barracks furniture.
i also got a free sectional and a free eliptical. In germany i once took a old 50s moped from the road side.

I love what I have seen so far--I will read the rest of the posts later.

Years ago, actually decades, we were out riding on a Sunday afternoon in the Seattle area and in a junk store window was an ugly pembroke table painted yellow. DH want back after work on Monday and bought it for $5. We stripped it. It had a small cigarette burn, was veneer; I still love it. We also bought at auction a round oak table and wash stand. One was $25 and the other $35. I wrote the company, St. John's I think in Michigan, getting the info from the decal still on it, and the table was made sometime between 1900 and 1920. The company was still there but made maple furniture. This was some years ago, too. There were three round oak tables that night and we bought the 3rd one; that's why it was so cheap. The auctioneer said all the furniture that night came from an old barn in Pennsylvania. Not sure I believe that, though.
wink.png

Since I live in a rural area, there aren't curbside treasures. We are trying to downsize our possessions but I love a bargain and old finds. I do have four chairs, sort of Queen Anne, that I bought for $3.50 each in the late '70s that I painted a Chinese red from an antique kit--anyone remember those? (I still love the color) I could have bought the rectangle table and the two armed side chairs but didn't have room for them--missed that good buy. I knew the elderly man who sold them. He said they were his mother's dining set.

Back
Top Bottom