Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

I've been wanting to start raising worms but didn't have anything to put them in until yesterday when I got 4 cat litter pails with lids at the dump. I love dumpster diving and junk picking. Keep the stories coming.

I found a Huffy bike and a Mongoose bike with 21 speed, I rode both bikes and the huffy needs the rubber handle bar grips, and the Mongoose bike needs a new pedal, crazy someone would throw those out, I figure they are worth as is 40 bucks each, but I will fix them and then I will sell them.

12 free plastic buckets to start fermenting feed for the chickens.

Last edited:
Almost all of our coop was made from craps we found around town. My favorite part is the gate, it is made from a late 1800s twin sized headboard. Heavy metal. :)

Love "Curb Shopping"! Just finished the new chicken pen in the barn with 50 feet of chicken wire that was in great condition and painted to boot. Also got a nice garden cart-perfect for hauling out dirty straw form the chicken pen. And then there all the things we have picked up, cleaned up and sold over the last several years-probably close to $200 worht of stuff that only needed some soap and water.

Picked up an economy folding table with chairs table. Will be used outside for BBQs and family gatherings. :D The table fit perfectly in my SUV, from the back door to the passenger seat. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom