Dungeons and Dragons chat thread! NOT an active game.

Oh man, that reminds me I have random character doodles everywhere I should drop in here some time.

We're planning on doing a digital mini painting day sometimes soon. I have a beholder to paint. The last two were an owlbear and a red dragon... The red dragon was classic but the owlbear I painted like a peacock. :) Maybe I can get some photos.

/Gentlemanly bow

By definition I am original school. Cut my teeth on D&D in late '78-'80 with my younger brother and a few neighborhood friends in late elementary school years. The along came AD&D. We moved west and started to get to play with my uncle and his friends from work when I was ~13/14? That was my 1st "rolled up soldier" for a minimum 4th level game that they had started a few weeks earlier.
Have played a few other oddballs like Elfquest rpg. I believe I still have the original box for both rpgs in storage.

While in college I did play a bunch of wild campaigns. Lost a few characters. Life goes on. Never did the mini's or models. My friends did. I mearly did the 2D free hand drawn characteratues(sp?).

Cheers
I've never *really* done the minis, but I sure love designing them online. It's so fun! I"m not too good at drawing characters so I don't always.
Qat mini.jpg

Here's the custom designed mini that I've designed for my current main, Qat the aarakocra.

I've never *really* done the minis, but I sure love designing them online. It's so fun! I"m not too good at drawing characters so I don't always.
View attachment 2334009
Here's the custom designed mini that I've designed for my current main, Qat the aarakocra.
That actually looks very cool. I wonder would that be a NPC or is that a fresh rolled one?

That actually looks very cool. I wonder would that be a NPC or is that a fresh rolled one?
That's my character for my current campaign. Currently just walked into an in literally soaked from head to toe in rain, mud, and blood. Blood from some bandits that made the mistake of trying to kidnap her, mud from some quicksand that she slipped and fell in, (but didn't sink because I rolled real high after that) and rain from rain.

So here's a fun fact; when I was writing my campaign story it was over last winter. We started playing in february. It's an epic-level campaign, so it's intended to hit level 15+ and it has an apocalyptical scenario. One great way to do apocalyptical scenarios is to have "signs" show up, plague of locusts style, to foreshadow the end of all existence.

My Co-GM and I were real excited for this and wrote in a few signs. In December. One of them was a plague. Like a proper plague. Based on the black spot of pirate lore (because it's a piratey campaign).

I've recently started to implement it and my players just be sitting here like "👀....Do we have face masks? The capital is shut down? That makes sense.... Has epidemiology been invented yet? Does prestidigitation clean viruses?"

So here's a fun fact; when I was writing my campaign story it was over last winter. We started playing in february. It's an epic-level campaign, so it's intended to hit level 15+ and it has an apocalyptical scenario. One great way to do apocalyptical scenarios is to have "signs" show up, plague of locusts style, to foreshadow the end of all existence.

My Co-GM and I were real excited for this and wrote in a few signs. In December. One of them was a plague. Like a proper plague. Based on the black spot of pirate lore (because it's a piratey campaign).

I've recently started to implement it and my players just be sitting here like "👀....Do we have face masks? The capital is shut down? That makes sense.... Has epidemiology been invented yet? Does prestidigitation clean viruses?"
Sweet Jesus that's what I call fun timing!

Yeah, I gave my players a disclaimer that I wrote it BEFORE our irl plague after introducing it. XD We've all gotten a bit of a kick out of it and the best part is our half orc pirate who has heard old pirate tales about "the black spot" and how if you get it you're doomed to be swallowed up into Davy Jones Locker. Every time Our Heroes hear about it spreading more he does an old pirate superstition of brushing off his shoulders and spinning in a circle three times to avoid getting it.

Yeah, I gave my players a disclaimer that I wrote it BEFORE our irl plague after introducing it. XD We've all gotten a bit of a kick out of it and the best part is our half orc pirate who has heard old pirate tales about "the black spot" and how if you get it you're doomed to be swallowed up into Davy Jones Locker. Every time Our Heroes hear about it spreading more he does an old pirate superstition of brushing off his shoulders and spinning in a circle three times to avoid getting it.
I hope that superstition doesn't get in the way of a "roll for initiative" or worse a "dex check". (Giggles) *THAT* could get rite awkward.

Oh he has bigger problems. He's carrying a cursed hammer that encourages him to do evil things and won't let him attune to any other magic objects while he's got it. :O His alignment already shifted from it!

Oh he has bigger problems. He's carrying a cursed hammer that encourages him to do evil things and won't let him attune to any other magic objects while he's got it. :O His alignment already shifted from it!
Oh crap-hope they get that sorted out! My campaigns aren't nearly as exciting, as it's usually only me and my (very patient) DM. We haven't been able to schedule continuous campaign sessions because we're so busy, but we continue with the same characters. I currently have this weird dagger with a rune on it that lowkey whispers at me sometimes, and sometimes tries to burn my hand. It also did this weird thing where it blurred out my sight while I was fighting and then after I was just covered in blood and standing over a corpse. OOC I know what it's about, but in character I don't.

Back
Top Bottom