Duped on Leghorn...What is she?

BRipp

Hatching
Jul 25, 2016
Hi,
I just got what I thought was a Leghorn (since I didn't know as much when I got her), but as I did the math on the colored eggs laid I can only conclude that either one Hen laid two eggs or my "Leghorn" was laying a tan egg. She is pretty big and has grey legs, unlike a Leghorn, but doesn't quite look like a White Rock. Any Ideas?

If I know right I think Leghorns do lay tan eggs but, White Rocks lay whitish tan eggs. I'm not a big chicken expert or anything.
hu.gif

Where did you get her? It's possible she could be a leghorn mix. There is some tan coloring in her tail that makes me think this. Her comb looks right though.
I hatched some white eggs that were supposed to be white leghorn. Mine are very inconsistent in body structure and coloring. They are just getting ready to lay, so I'm interested to see if they lay white or tinted eggs.

I just got her from a lady downsizing. Maybe she thought it was a Leghorn when she sold it. She had so many she probably didn't pay much attention to who was laying which egg.

Leghorns do have yellow legs. They also have white earlobes, and I think the bird in question has red?

I've got a couple white leghorns. I can definitely say they do have yellow legs and lay white eggs.

Yours look a lot like them (frame and tail) so I would also suspect a mixed/crossed bird.

welcome-byc.gif

She's definitely a mix. She's not the stark white of most Leghorns, and she's too hefty (you don't have to tell her I said that
tongue.png
). Wrong leg color and egg color also. I can see she might have some Leghorn a generation or so back, but she's mixed with some other straight combed brown egger. Not sure where those dark legs came from?

Hi,
I just got what I thought was a Leghorn (since I didn't know as much when I got her), but as I did the math on the colored eggs laid I can only conclude that either one Hen laid two eggs or my "Leghorn" was laying a tan egg. She is pretty big and has grey legs, unlike a Leghorn, but doesn't quite look like a White Rock. Any Ideas?
I had a flock of 20. they have yellow legs and snow white eggs. the comb is leghorn style but not the legs or ANY color in the feathers. tan eggs are just as tasty as white or brown!!

Back
Top Bottom