Duramycin-10 HELP PLEASE!!!

The antibiotic does pass into the egg. I do not believe that it will harm either you or your neighbors. I'm not sure of the withdrawal period for duramycin but I will try and look it up for you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/580850/duramycin

Here is a link to a thread all about it....the withdrawal period is 21 days from last dose. I didn't read through the entire link but I'm hoping that it will answer your other questions as well. The antibiotic is passed through to the eggs but I don't think it would be in enough quantity to do you or your neighbors harm. Just don't eat any more eggs until the withdrawal period is over.

I just finished a two week course of Duramycin-10. My bird vet did some research to find out how long until we could consume eggs and I was told that I needed to wait 30 days. I had to wait a week to get this info, so it's supposedly "official."

To be clear on the egg withdrawal time for Duramycin 10, this product is NOT labeled for egg layers and states on the label “Not for use in turkeys or chickens producing eggs for human consumption”. This product has not been tested on eggs, therefore Durvet cannot recommend anything for off-label use. It is suggested that you contact your veterinarian for advice.
Customer Service, Durvet, Inc.

Back
Top Bottom