Duramycin-10

tnkinhunting

Songster
11 Years
Feb 7, 2008
East Tennessee
I have some sneezing in some new chickens - no other symptoms - look great, very active so I want to give them some antibotics but I am having a problem with the conversion of mg to teaspoon/tablespoon per gallon!!!!

It calls for 400 mg per gallon - what does that translate to teaspoon/tablespoon per gallon?
I promise to make a note of it this time -
big_smile.png

If you don't know if the sneezing is due to a bacterial infection, giving antibiotics will just help make "super bugs" that you cannot kill when the birds really get sick or have an injury where bacteria takes over.

As for your conversion, you have to figure out the concentration of the drug in weight/volume first of what you want to give them. Basically, what is the stock solution concentratoin?

I saw my feed store manager - explained the symptoms - sneezing and he suggested the duramycin-10 - I forgot to ask him how to mix. Recommended dosage level is 200-400 mg per gallon per day for 7-14 days.

I again today asked my feed store owner - who has a degree from UT and the dosage is 2 level tablespoons per gallon of water for 5 days - for sneezing, coughing and wheezing. I will add this bit of info to my chicken file for future reference. I used the same medication last fall for the same symptons and it worked well.

Back
Top Bottom