Dust Bathing Addiction?

Alexandra Runner

Chirping
Jun 26, 2023
Hello! I have an ten-month-old Easter Egger named Arwen who has apparently developed an obsession with dust bathing. She is still eating, drinking, and laying like normal, but all of her other time is spent in the dust hole.

She was injured by my previous rooster, Jack, with a shallow slice on her back/side, but it has scabbed over and I have started applying a plantagum major salve I make myself (ingredients: coconut oil infused with plantain and beeswax from a neighbor's hives). I noticed the dust bathing before the scab or the salve.

So, is she just happy, or should I be concerned? She seems fine in all other respects, except the excessive dust bathing.

Hello! I have an ten-month-old Easter Egger named Arwen who has apparently developed an obsession with dust bathing. She is still eating, drinking, and laying like normal, but all of her other time is spent in the dust hole.

She was injured by my previous rooster, Jack, with a shallow slice on her back/side, but it has scabbed over and I have started applying a plantagum major salve I make myself (ingredients: coconut oil infused with plantain and beeswax from a neighbor's hives). I noticed the dust bathing before the scab or the salve.

So, is she just happy, or should I be concerned? She seems fine in all other respects, except the excessive dust bathing.
I’m my opinion she seems to just be enjoying herself a lot!

Back
Top Bottom