Dust Bathing

Volker27

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 28, 2013
My chicks are a week old (+ a couple of days with some of them) and I bought a bag of all purpose sand to use for them to play around in/dust bathe since I noticed one of my chicks was trying to dust bathe in the bedding. I filled a pie plate with some of it, and the one that has been trying to dust bathe went to town, but the rest of them started eating it!! I'm worried they'll get too much grit.

This is the stuff I bought - http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100318...toreId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=100318450#.UWoJNspTc7s

Good, or should I wait awhile longer?

Thanks!!

I had this same issue the other day. They wanted to eat it!! But I was also assured that it was fine and they wouldn't eat more than they needed.

I took my 2 1/2 week old chicks out of the brooder to hang out with me in the kitchen. One of my Bard Rocks thought it would be a great idea to try and take a dust bath on the throw rug. Unfortunately I had just vaccumned and it wasn't very effective. It was wicked cute though. And I discovered they like fresh mozz as much as I do. Now to see if they love arugula! I'm looking forward to hanging with them in the kitchen again tonight. They are such a good time.

Back
Top Bottom