Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
Hi again! I posted a little back.. to find out what variety one of my Dutch's were.. but here's pictures of all of them..and a story of how I got them!
tongue.png

Well, on Craigs List there was this guy who had 2 Dutch Hens he couldn't take care of, so we got them. These girls have been in shows, I'm not sure if they won or not... but they're very beatuiful, and are trained so you can show them (I don't show.. but I know how to and they let you show them
big_smile.png
)
Here is Carmin, and Houdinni

Carmin (I think a Blue Light Brown Dutch)
Dark pic.. sorry
71035_img_2844.jpg

71035_img_2756.jpg

Houdinni Splash Dutch
71035_img_2755.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Confirmed. Light brown = gold duckwing. Gold duckwing is a genetics description. Resembles "golden duckwing" which is the fanciers description for het silver duckwing.
Duckwing used to refer to the blue sheen on the wingbow of a silver duckwing. The green sheen on a birchen was called a crowwing.
That in the first case the wingtriangle is silver and in the second case solid black did not catch their eye...
wink.png

Ah, thank you! It is good when I understand things more competely.
big_smile.png

I will be putting an auction/sale post up on buy/sell/trade soon, but I have a pair of Dutch to sell if anyone here is interested. I'm in the middle of spring hatching frenzy and need to go ahead and make some more space. The pair is a blue cream light brown rooster and cream light brown hen (which will yield BCLB and CLB offspring). I don't particularly want to sell any of my current adult birds, but I have two BCLB roosters and I just don't need two (and it looks like I'm hatching a ton of cockerals this spring! gah!
tongue.png
). Both birds have been shown.

Last edited:
So we think this little guy (3weeks old?) might be a dutch bantam and maybe a roo...do you experts agree?

25754_3_wks_009.jpg

25754_3_wks_013.jpg

If so, what about temperament and noise level of this little guy?

Are they quieter than a standard roo since they are so small?

Good with kids?

Heard a lot of stories about mean roos...

I've got some young birds (probably in the 8+ week range) that I am pretty certain are Dutch. At this stage, should any color variations appear to be solid still?

i.e. No difference in hackle, tail, etc. from the colors on the rest of the body?

I'll try to get some pictures shortly. There are only 1 or 2 that appear completely solid, I believe.

So would we agree on Dutch for these guys?

4-26-11Chickens00008.jpg

4-26-11Chickens00007.jpg

4-26-11Chickens00006.jpg

4-26-11Chickens00010.jpg

4-26-11Chickens00009.jpg

4-26-11Chickens00005.jpg

4-26-11Chickens00004.jpg

4-26-11Chickens00001.jpg

4-26-11Chickens00000.jpg

This buff bird was in with the others, so I figured it would be the same, but the yellow shanks make it a no go, of course:

4-26-11Chickens00003.jpg

4-26-11Chickens00002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom