Dutch Bantams??

My oldest has been begging for chickens since he was 2 years old. I told him he had to wait until he was old enough to take care of them (I arbitrarily set the age limit at 10). Last year when he was 10 I bought him feed store silkies. He wanted to enter his favorite into a show and I had to gently point out all the flaws--it's a pet. I finally told him that if he truly wanted to breed and show birds then he would have to research them (I did limit him to the bantam breeds). So he's been reading about different breeds. At the Fort Worth Stock Show yesterday I left him alone with the birds to make up his mind (his younger brother was getting too restless so I took the little to some other activities). When my oldest catches up with me, he proudly announces that he is going to breed and show Dutch.

There were two shown at the FWSS both by the same exhibitor. Since we weren't showing, I don't have an exhibitors list but I will ask someone who was exhibiting if they can find who it was. I would prefer my son to be mentored locally by an experienced breeder so that would be Plan A--but if that doesn't work out then... The Dutch Bantam Breeders Society only lists one breeder so I would guess that would be Plan B. :)

I'll let you know what we find.

There were two shown at the FWSS both by the same exhibitor. Since we weren't showing, I don't have an exhibitors list but I will ask someone who was exhibiting if they can find who it was. I would prefer my son to be mentored locally by an experienced breeder so that would be Plan A--but if that doesn't work out then... The Dutch Bantam Breeders Society only lists one breeder so I would guess that would be Plan B. :)

I'll let you know what we find.

FWSS?

Back
Top Bottom