Dye Job on Crested

lmbo
lol.png
lol.png

I just thought a little food coloring and a tiny little brush across a few white feathers on their little white feathered heads might be funny. There was a great point made about the "Red" color being a bit risky due to pecking... but blue and green..purple, yellow maybe? hehehe....and i always try to buy "NON TOXIC" food coloring when on the baking isle
roll.png

I think it would be cute! I saw someone on here dye their polish's head feathers different colors with food coloring so they could find them in their yard. Also because they are cute.
jumpy.gif

I have actually used food coloring to identify some of my birds as well. They were fine.

I have never heard it was illegal.

In fact, some hatcheries actually dye chicks and ducklings in their shells before they hatch at Easter time. Then they sell them for more money.

So, it does not seem to hurt them at all.

Last edited:
I'm not advocating dying a chick pink for easter.

I thought it would be funny to take some food coloring to a few white feathers on a chickens head that we own and don't plan on selling.

Considering the fact that I trim their feathers, I just don't think a little blue food coloring on some white feathers on top of their head is going to be deemed illegal in any state, much less the one I'm in.

101_1988.JPG

Just found THIS at this link

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=81613&p=1

I wasn't even talking about going to this extreem. But this is QUITE funny!

Last edited:
Carrie: I know it's not illegal to do it to yiur own bird, silly chickie
smile.png

Bakadoodledoo's post is exactly what I was talking about. I would love to see a white leghorn in green and purple:lol:

Funny. We use a red cutting board to take treats to the girls, then I read somehwere here not to dye it red so it didn't look like a tomato!!! Luckily, our hens come to the sigh t of the tray and don't attack it. By the way, is it normal for chickens to LOVE baked potatoes???

Back
Top Bottom