Dying chickens : (

nichola87

Hatching
Jul 15, 2016
Hi, hoping for a little advice please!! We had 14 girls and in the last week and a half we have lost 3!! We have never experienced anything like this before! None of them have shown any signs of illness/weakness at all, no marks on them or any visible signs that anything is wrong. Please help!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sorry to hear you have lost 3 of your flock, it's always so sad when flock members are lost. I see you have posted in the emergency section, I'm sure members there will be able to help you out.

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

frow.gif
Hello, glad to have you join us but so, so sorry about your losses.

I would be concerned enough to pursue having the lost chickens necropsied.

Many states have poultry labs that perform that function with no or minimal cost but you would have had to keep their bodies refrigerated or in an iced cooler to get this done. You can google your state for poultry labs or contact your county agent for advice.

Also make sure to inspect your feed for mold or spoilage, if you have just opened a new bag of feed - replace it with new. Check their water supply for anything unusual. Inspect the coop/run area or foraging areas for anything that may explain this.

It is hard to lose any flock member, but without any sign of illness, injury or warning, I would find it devastating. It is best to find out what happened to try to protect the remaining flock.

Again, so sorry about your losses
hugs.gif
and hope the rest of the flock don't have any issues.

Back
Top Bottom