cnielsen

Songster
Aug 28, 2020
we ordered 4 female salmon faverolles from a hatchery on the first, they didn’t get here until the fourth (today) and there were 5 in the box but only one was alive. she was a real trooper at first, drinking and tumbling around and peeping. she hadn’t eaten yet, but now all of a sudden she has barely moved. we’ve tried scrambled egg, egg yolk, apple cider vinegar in water, sugar water. i’ve tried to make her eat and drink but she isn’t perking up. she peeps still, but when she wakes up she goes straight back to sleep. she’s suddenly so weak and i’m afraid we will lose her, and after all she’s been through too. we’re making her eat and drink every 10 minutes. if anyone has advice or a life saver, please let me know :(

we ordered 4 female salmon faverolles from a hatchery on the first, they didn’t get here until the fourth (today) and there were 5 in the box but only one was alive. she was a real trooper at first, drinking and tumbling around and peeping. she hadn’t eaten yet, but now all of a sudden she has barely moved. we’ve tried scrambled egg, egg yolk, apple cider vinegar in water, sugar water. i’ve tried to make her eat and drink but she isn’t perking up. she peeps still, but when she wakes up she goes straight back to sleep. she’s suddenly so weak and i’m afraid we will lose her, and after all she’s been through too. we’re making her eat and drink every 10 minutes. if anyone has advice or a life saver, please let me know :(
It sounds like you have tried everything. Just remember that some chicks just won’t make it. And it’s not your fault. Did you complain to the hatchery? They should replace new ones. Unfortunately, it does not sound like there’s much more you could do. Good luck!

It sounds like you have tried everything. Just remember that some chicks just won’t make it. And it’s not your fault. Did you complain to the hatchery? They should replace new ones. Unfortunately, it does not sound like there’s much more you could do. Good luck!
we have, they felt terrible about it and offered to send replacements but we declined, we’ve had too many bad shipping experiences and don’t want it to happen again. thank you..

thank you, i will try that. such a sad little story she has
Siblings dead, then she starts suffering. LUCKILY, her loving, sweet fairy godmother is willing to do anything to save her tiny, beating heart. :thumbsup You got this, chickerella! your godmother is gonna keep you alive!

Back
Top Bottom