Dying Turkey

morrischicks

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2020
We added ten new chickens approx 15 weeks old to our backyard flock yesterday. We also have 3 turkeys that are 16 weeks old (they’ve been apart of our flock the entire time). One of the turkeys appears to be struggling and looks like it’ll die very soon. Is this probably from introducing the new chickens to our flock yesterday? Would it be unsafe to kill and eat this Turkey before it dies on its own? I feel bad it’s struggling to live right now, but also don’t know why it’s dying, I just am assuming it’s due to the new chickens coming in and maybe they brought a disease? HELP!!!

What are the symptoms? Difficulty breathing? Drooping? Diarrhea? Cloudy eyes? Pale wattle?
If you didn't quarantine the chickens then there is the possibility of a disease being introduced.

One time my turkey died he had a hurt neck. He used to like to stick his neck to the outside fence area and eat, and when he went to pull his neck back to his side it was still out on the other side of the fence. He fought the fence trying to get his neck back, which he did. But his neck was too messed up. He was friendly too. Meat turkey.

Back
Top Bottom