E TN picnic *Saturday, June 26*

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by bibliophile birds, Jun 11, 2010.

1. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Thanks for having us all over, Leah! You have an awesome place for a picnic, for sure!!
    And you you have an equally wonderful set-up for your birds [​IMG]

2. Quote:i just wish that you would have been able to see everyone. of course i forgot to say that what you saw is about 1/2 of the birds... everyone else is in transition on their way to the coop. i've got the 6 that are moving up today: 2 wheaten Marans, 3 Araucanas (or EEs, most likely), and the splash Wyandotte. then the 10 mutt chicks that i hatched, which are looking like: 2 EEs, 3 Brahmas, 2 Silkie crosses (i'm leaning towards Silkie/Brahma), 1 feather-legged Orpington (so i'm guessing Orp/Brahma cross there), and 2 i'm really not sure of. plus the turkeys. and the gander. oh, and Hansel, the Silkie roo, and Madeline, the gimpy Wyandotte.

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:i just wish that you would have been able to see everyone. of course i forgot to say that what you saw is about 1/2 of the birds... everyone else is in transition on their way to the coop. i've got the 6 that are moving up today: 2 wheaten Marans, 3 Araucanas (or EEs, most likely), and the splash Wyandotte. then the 10 mutt chicks that i hatched, which are looking like: 2 EEs, 3 Brahmas, 2 Silkie crosses (i'm leaning towards Silkie/Brahma), 1 feather-legged Orpington (so i'm guessing Orp/Brahma cross there), and 2 i'm really not sure of. plus the turkeys. and the gander. oh, and Hansel, the Silkie roo, and Madeline, the gimpy Wyandotte.

Just leaves us with new birds to meet next time [​IMG]

4. tn.lou

tn.lou In the Brooder

May 18, 2008
    Dandridge,Tennessee
    Any idea of when the next one will be Lou

5. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Hey, Lou! How was your vacation?

6. tn.lou :

Any idea of when the next one will be Lou

we never got around to talking about it, but i'm open for suggestions. i'm thinking sometime after August...​

7. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Cooler weather would be nice. Although it was very nice under all those trees.

8. tn.lou

tn.lou In the Brooder

May 18, 2008
    Dandridge,Tennessee
    Quote:Great weather and Ohio was beautiful saw a lot of birds and supplies.Most of the chickens were the same breeds we have around here but most were over priced. I bought some young Burbon Red Turkeys for a freind and a garden planter for myself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: