E TN picnic *Saturday, June 26*

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by bibliophile birds, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Quote:yes. especially if he manages to catch some of the snapping turtles and will take them home too. i [​IMG] snapping turtles, who seem to make it their sole purpose in life to eat ducklings.

2. check your PMs for directions!

3. jywel417

jywel417 Songster

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    I will have to tell one of the vets I work for about this! She wanted my 4 hens but one of the other vets wife asked first (I am having to move and rehome my kids) but Dr. Maria may be interested in coming out for some chickens. And her husband and daughter love the silkies!!

4. the head count is at 8 adults and 7 kids and 4 adult maybes. i'll update again on Thursday or Friday in case more come in.

5. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    I'm sorry to report that Kim and I won't be able to make it... this time. [​IMG] I was looking forward to it, but life is way too busy!!! It's a slam packed weekend.

You all have fun and thanks for the invite!

6. possumblossum

possumblossum Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Blount Co., TN
    Quote:OK, let me make sure I've got this because unpreparedness makes me break out in cold sweats and hives:

We've got eight adults, seven kids, two maybes;
    Lunchmeats, Bread, condiments, potato salad, corn salad, fruit & veggie tray, deviled eggs, caviar

At least one dessert, BYOD

Do any holes pop out atchya?

7. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Who's is furnishing plates, forks, cups, etc.? Does someone need to do that?

8. UPDATED NUMBERS

head count:
    possumblossum: 2 adults, 4 kids
    wegotchickens: 2 adults, 1 kid
    kcsunshine: 2 adults
    georgialee: 2 adults, 2 kids
    rodeoclown1189: 3 adults (maybe, but most likely)
    me: 2 adults

so that's 13 adults and 7 kids so far

food:
    kcsunshine: potato salad, corn salad
    georgialee: fruit & veg tray
    possumblossum: bread & condiments
    rodeoclow1189: something sweet/dessert
    me: deviled eggs, Tennessee caviar (it's a bean salad/dip thingy)

i'm providing cups, plates, forks, napkins, ice, and tap water.

9. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I forgot to ask... does anyone want a kitten? We have 3 that we rescued that are around 8 weeks old and they need homes!

10. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Sorry, but no thanks. I've got a cat now that's just asking for trouble. He roams all night and we've got beasties that roam also. So I look for him not to come home some day. Much as I love cats, it's getting hard to keep one. I can't keep Inky in the house, I've tried.

Oh, by the way, a guy that lives just about a mile from me lost all but 6 of his laying hens (Leghorns) a couple of nights ago. I think he had about 50 layers. The critter tore into his run (chicken wire), then lunged against the door until it came loose. Most were just laying there dead - some had been dragged off. His coop was divided with lattice type material and he had younger pullets, not quite big enough to put in with the bigger ones. Whatever it was left them alone. He thought it was coyote - I think it's raccoon.

He's been selling eggs at the Farmer's Market but I guess he'll not have any for awhile now. I felt especially bad for him because I was the one who had to inspect his farm, chickens, and his permits and certificates before he could sell them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: