E TN picnic *Saturday, June 26*

Quote:
wow. that is brave! in that case, i'll take 2-3.

wait, did i just agree to take chicks without even asking how much you wanted for them?
he.gif
where is my self control? why don't you bring however many you have left and we'll go from there. i guess i'll need some to keep that little cochin company...

eta: georgia, do you have pics of the parents of that little cochin? i've never seen one in person so i'd like to get a better idea what it'll look like.

I'm not asking much, as I really need to clear out some chicks.
I have the partridge Silkies (currently 12) and also lavender d'Uccles (9).
But there is also a buyer coming by tomorrow for some of the Silkies. I know they are only looking at getting 2-3 chicks though.

I have to work full-time next week, so I have to bring easy stuff. How about some rolls & lunchmeats?
Also, DH is trying to think of an errand he needs to run on Saturday
tongue.png
He may not make it to the picnic...

Quote:
hmmmm. i want to say yes... but i don't know. i'm putting my little silkie roo in with my injured hen because the big boys have decided that they don't like him in the yard with them (weird, since they've been together since birth). i was planning to put the mf cochin and the silkies i'm probably getting from wegotchickens in there when they were big enough since Madeline (the injured hen) does fine around bantams. 2 roos with 2 bantam hens and an injured LF hen (dislocated knee that has never healed)? does that sound like a recipe for disaster?

Quote:
rolls and lunchmeats sound fine to me. does your husband like to fish? tell him there is a nice big lake full of fish that he can hide out on the whole time if he wants.
wink.png

I can't make it to the picnic that day, but if anyone wants any Porcelain d'uccles (pairs or cockerels), gold laced cochin (bantam) cockerels or a rooster, light or dark brahma bantam cockerels or pairs, etc etc...........I am nearby (Loudon County, west of Knox County, North of Blount County) ZIP 37774 and should be available until noon or 1 if someone wanted to stop by on the way to the picnic to pick up some birds
wink.png
All cockerels are freeeeee, pairs are not
wink.png

Quote:
hmmmm. i want to say yes... but i don't know. i'm putting my little silkie roo in with my injured hen because the big boys have decided that they don't like him in the yard with them (weird, since they've been together since birth). i was planning to put the mf cochin and the silkies i'm probably getting from wegotchickens in there when they were big enough since Madeline (the injured hen) does fine around bantams. 2 roos with 2 bantam hens and an injured LF hen (dislocated knee that has never healed)? does that sound like a recipe for disaster?

Quote:
rolls and lunchmeats sound fine to me. does your husband like to fish? tell him there is a nice big lake full of fish that he can hide out on the whole time if he wants.
wink.png

I'd say that yes that sounds like it could be a disaster, lol! It's up to you though!

My DH and I'm sure my boys will bring fishing rods so I'm sure there will be some quality guy time by the lake
tongue.png

DH may actually have a legit errand to run.

DD is desperately trying to arrange an excuse for not going as well. Why are teens of today so totally afraid of a little sunlight?
he.gif

Your daughter is probably afraid of another sticky note on her back. Your hubby's going to be sorry he missed my great potato salad.

BB, Gary wants to know if he gets to keep any fish he catches. LOL

Back
Top Bottom