E TN picnic *Saturday, June 26*

wegotchickens: um, actually.... kinda. but i seriously, seriously only need a pullet. any chances with that?

georgialee: can you post a pic of the bantam mille fleur?

i knew having this at my house was going to be a terrible idea. now everyone's going to show up with birds and i'm not going to be able to help myself....
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Straight-run newborns. 7-10 days old. You wanna roll the dice?

I'm going to post a sign at the feed store if no one chimes in that they want them. I gotta thin the flock. Goal is to have it thinned by Independence Day...

Quote:
you gonna take back the boys?
wink.png
i really don't need another Silkie roo and it seems like they'd be hard to get rid of. and i don't think i could eat one... i'm open to a lot, but black skinned chicken dinner is maybe a bit of a reach...

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the bantam mf cochin chick (my avatar is also a picture of it):
27532_100_0770.jpg

eta: these are hatched out of mike vogan's eggs... he has some gorgeous birds
wink.png

Last edited:
no problem!
wink.png

I already am in big trouble, lol! We went from 19 chickens to 52 (+20 eggs in the incubator) in the month and a half after I got an incubator. Hubby is not happy about it... heheheh

Quote:
you gonna take back the boys?
wink.png
i really don't need another Silkie roo and it seems like they'd be hard to get rid of. and i don't think i could eat one... i'm open to a lot, but black skinned chicken dinner is maybe a bit of a reach...

Sure, I'll take the boys back. It'll give me a chance to test whether I can sex partridge silkies by the pattern of chick down. I have a suspicion that the prettier the chick, the more likely its a boy...

I found a kid who'll take the surprise chicks. I'm seeing evidence that my sneaky MF boy slipped past me a couple of times while I was cleaning the coop...

Ya'll, from 14 adult birds have 55 chicks right now. Only 5 are from outside eggs
th.gif

And I have 5 more eggs pipped & zipping in the bator, and another 12 due at the beginig of next week.
he.gif

Quote:
wow. that is brave! in that case, i'll take 2-3.

wait, did i just agree to take chicks without even asking how much you wanted for them?
he.gif
where is my self control? why don't you bring however many you have left and we'll go from there. i guess i'll need some to keep that little cochin company...

eta: georgia, do you have pics of the parents of that little cochin? i've never seen one in person so i'd like to get a better idea what it'll look like.

Last edited:
BB,
Can you post a head count and what everyone's bringing so we can make sure all the gaps are filled?....I like egg salad, really, but not as appetizer, entree, side dish and dessert all in the same meal.
barnie.gif

By the previous posts, I think I counted twelve adults and six kids, counting the maybe list and yourself.

Back
Top Bottom