E TN picnic *Saturday, June 26*

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by bibliophile birds, Jun 11, 2010.

1. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
  2. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Is everyone ok if I bring a fruit tray and a veggie tray with dip? And maybe some cubed cheese?

3. head count:
    possumblossum: 2 adults, 4 kids
    wegotchickens: 2 adults, 1 kid
    kcsunshine: 2 adults
    georgialee: 2 adults, 2 kids
    tnchickenut: 2 adults (maybe)
    me: 2 adults

so that's 12 adults and 7 kids so far

food:
    kcsunshine: potato salad, corn salad
    georgialee: fruit & veg tray
    me: deviled eggs, Tennessee caviar (it's a bean salad/dip thingy)

that's just what's on my list. it's possible i forgot to write something down. everyone chime in with what you want to bring.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    I'll bring a desert also, if everyone wants desert. I can also bring anything else if needed (except lots of money). Should we bring our own soft drinks?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  5. Quote:yes please. it's too much hassle for me to try to cover all the drink option bases, so if everyone brings their own the problem is solved. we just had a big picnic out here today, so i'll grab a few of the sodas that are leftover just in case someone forgets or we run out, but plan to provide your own. tap water will be available (it's well water) so you don't need to bring water unless you don't like tap...

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Oh man! That just one day too early for me - I'll be in the area Sunday afternoon.

7. aww, too bad. i was aiming for Sunday, but, oddly enough, a church is having a baptism in our lake that day..... and i didn't think they'd be thrilled to share with a bunch of people talking about chickens and whatnot. [​IMG]

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:That's neat! My hubby was baptized in a mill pond and I always thought that was so neat. Ya'll have fun! [​IMG]

9. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Hey greenfamilyfarms - let us know next time you're in town and we'll meet up - our last one was a hoot!

10. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Leah, I'm starting to think that little mf cochin is a roo... he's the only one I have feathering out slowly. Do you still want him?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: