Eager to be new chicken owner

Welcome! My chicks are ordered and paid for so as of the end of March or April 1st I'll be officially mom to 5 cats 5 dogs 8 Buff Orpingtons and 4 bantams. Good thing I always wanted a large family.

Turkenstein25pizapw1422396370.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Black australorps may be another option for you, reportedly they are great layers and sociable. They have orpington behind them.

We are hoping come march our ruralking will have that or buffs as an option but if they go by the chart the have up talking about 6 breeds and those breeds being what they get in then our only choices that would maybe work for us is between a barred rock, ? Brahmas (cant remember the first part of the name but the pic was of a kinda of fluffy bird like the buff but if i remember right it was black/had black, and i think one of the other options was a cornish. The other two dont lay a high count and then there was the rir (but we already know we dont want as ive already had exp. With that breed and the few that my mom and step dad had werent always friendly- id classify theirs birds with the bad case of mood swings lol)... just trying to figure out options that wont be as bawky as the rir (from exp they are pretty loud even for hens, and some could put the rooster to shame and he crowed hours before day light, i dont miss that always said his clock was off and he wasnt the nicest thing either lol)

Back
Top Bottom