Eagerly awaiting my first egg!!!!!

lolita117

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2011
Hestand, KY
So I have 4 black australorps pullets that will be 19 weeks this Monday and I'm so excited about getting my first egg:fl!!!!! I have a black australorp roo that is the same age and he is big and gorgeous and 1 one my girls' combs and wattle are now very large and red and my roo is beginning to breed her frequently since about a week or 2 ago. I also have 3 ee's that are only 12 weeks old, only 1 of those being a girl and 26 babies that are only 4 1/2 weeks old (I got the brown egg layers special from Murray McMurray). So within months I know I will be over run with eggs but I just can't wait for my first one!!!!! I check the coop every single day and the run, I have a large coop and run with plenty of nest boxes and check everywhere everyday. Should I be excepting an egg any day or am I jumping the gun too soon?

I'll take a picture of my girls tomorrow and post.

Last edited:
good luck I had my first egg last week and have had a couple everyday since though none today but its very hot and there very young. the eggs are very tiny have had a green egg white egg and a couple of brown. I have 5 Americanas, 5 Polish white with black markings and 5 barred rocks didn't know there were so many kinds of chickens and so many people who loved them this is great.
big_smile.png

Mine are 22 1/2 weeks old - and no eggs yet. I think the extreme heat is a factor - although it has to do with which breeds you have, too. Mine are just slow pokes! Good luck! Hope you get an egg soon!

Alexis here is 23 weeks. The picture's color is a bit off- her wattles are flaming red, as is her comb. She isn't squatting yet and nothing so far. I hope yours lays soon!

vnguhg.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom