Ear problems and minor deformities in quail

Update: the quail is doing a lot better, thank you to everyone for your help. The dried blood on her ear started to crumble away and it turns out that the feathers which are supposed to cover her ears hadnt come out (like i had previously assumed) but were hidden inside the scab. The scab had come away from her skin and was just attached to her feather so i just rubbed it between my fingers and it crumbled away. As for the sunken eyes, that seems to have resolved itself too, thiugh im not sure how as shes not drinking any more than she was previously. Maybe her body was just using the energy from water to heal itself rather than normal uses..? Idk. Regardless, shes doing a lot better now. Thank you guys for your help
Thanks for the update! I am glad she is doing better!! :)

Update: the quail is doing a lot better, thank you to everyone for your help. The dried blood on her ear started to crumble away and it turns out that the feathers which are supposed to cover her ears hadnt come out (like i had previously assumed) but were hidden inside the scab. The scab had come away from her skin and was just attached to her feather so i just rubbed it between my fingers and it crumbled away. As for the sunken eyes, that seems to have resolved itself too, thiugh im not sure how as shes not drinking any more than she was previously. Maybe her body was just using the energy from water to heal itself rather than normal uses..? Idk. Regardless, shes doing a lot better now. Thank you guys for your help
Glad to hear she's doing better!

Back
Top Bottom