Ear scab?

What antibiotic did the vet prescribe? Since she is coughing and closing as eye, the swollen ear may be respiratory in nature. I would still use some vitamins, and human B complex if you have some is fine, 1/4 tablet daily. Chick vitamins are good too. I would try to get her eating a little bowl of wet chicken feed. You can mix in a little plain yogurt or buttermilk, and stir it in to make it interesting and give probiotics as well. I have offered canned cat food, tuna, chopped meat, and all sorts of things to coax one to eat. Hopefully, she will start perking up.

My chicken died yesterday. ☹️ She was too weak to live. I force fed her for three days but she passed away in the evening.
She also had green poop. It started to look brownish yesterday but she was all skin and bones.

Sorry that you lost her. I would watch for any symptoms in other chickens. If she had a respiratory disease, those are usually contagious and can make other flock members carriers. Usually, it is a good idea to close your flock to new birds, and do not sell or give away chickens. A good way to get a diagnosis of what disease there is, is to get a necropsy done by the state vet.

Back
Top Bottom