earlier this spring i said i would and i did :(

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by shadowpaints, Aug 11, 2010.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    Sunday, guy came out and looked at my 3 big horses, he wasnt the first to look but he was the first to actually come back. i sold my 3 last biggies sunday. what a emotional day. i said goodbye to 3 of the best horses i have ever had.

Wizard, a beautiful sorrel tovero gelding, he was mostly white . and he was magic on his feet! i litteraly bought him when he was just a few hours old.
    here are a few pics of him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

he is a gentle soul and only wanted to please

then there is Lisa, a beautiful APHA breeding stock mare her and wiz share the same sire.

i loved lisas spirit. she had the build and the ability to barrel race. but she also had a beautiful face too!!
    she is chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail

[​IMG]

that pic was when she was just 3 years old....

and then finally there was cora, a appendix QH mare, bay. so well trained that i could hop on her in the 25 acre pasture with nothing on her but a peice of twine tied at the base of her neck. what a sweet mare.

i cant seem to find coras pics on my computer..

they are gone, sold to someone who nicely offered to let me come visit. although i never will i dont think i could handle it. ill miss my riding horses, but since i cant ride any more there is no point in me keeping them, i dont beleive in pasture pets unless they cannot be ridden, i dont feel it was fair to them to make em stand there and do nothing all day when each is capable.
    ill never buy a full size horse again, its too risky because of my brain malformation and i do not have the balance to ride any more.
    i feel they all went to great homes, and that they will be ok.
    i am glad tho, that i have the miniatures.. i would be lost with out them!!
    thanks all for letting me mourn the loss (even tho they are still alive) of my biggies

2. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    I am so sorry you having to face so many changes at one time. you are very strong to make these decisions. i hope all turns out well for you, the horses were blessed to have such a good owner.

[​IMG]

3. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Awe, I am sorry that saying goodbye to your big horses was necessary. I commend you for recognizing their needs above your own feelings though. I hope they will have a really happy home and love all of their riding time. I am glad you are able to have your minis to help console you. [​IMG]

4. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] It is hard to say goodbye to horses that you have loved for a long time. It seems like you are also saying goodbye to a part of you. I haven't been able to ride for a couple of years due to an injury and sold 3 of my horses for the exact same reason. I couldn't stand seeing them stand there and do nothing. I did keep my one mare that I have had since she was 4 months old because my kids love to ride her and I have had her now for 16 years.

5. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    thanks guys. im glad that there is someone out there who understands. as my hubby does not. he thought i should keep them 'just incase' i get my balance back. 4 years ago when i had my brainsurgery i had to cut back from 20 biggies, to 3 and wiz , lisa and cora were the 3 i chose to keep. my mom keeps telling me ' you can always buy another biggie' i tell her no. i will not buy any biggies ever again. its not fair to the horses. so my riding days are over.

in case you didnt know, i started riding english when i was just 6 years old, i rode well in english, dressage, and equitation . brought home lots of money and lots of ribbons and tropheys. i then went to western riding, started breeding and training barrel horses and westernpleasure horses. i ran barrels with my wonderful mare, Shadow who was a daughter of Sir Quincy dan. 6 years ago i wasnt just a hobby rider. if you would have told me that in a few years i wouldnt beable to ride any more i would have told you to screw off. now its just plain unbelieveable that i can no longer do what i love

this disability is the reason i started with minis, when my doctor told me no more riding green horses, i started with raising and training minis. i seem to have excelled at that. im much safer with the little ones.

my fear is, in 5 or 6 years my daughters will need a bigger horse, im not sure what to do about that!!

any who thanks again for letting me remember the good ole days , before i started having issues

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] What a hard decision. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by