Early February 2016 Hatch - Who's In?

I took my 4 chicks out of the Incubator this morning, I picked up a few of the eggs and put it to my ear to listen as I tapped on it. I can usually hear movement in the eggs or a peep. I put the chicks in the brooder with my weekend hatchlings. I have more eggs setting ready to go in the incubator. I was about to go ahead and unplug it and I heard another chirp and seen a pipped egg. So I 'll wait some more. I had the incubator get a runaway temp. I think some little fingers turned my dial. It got to 111 and I was bringing it down and came back up to 106. I think many of the rest won't hatch because of that. I'll wait another days before I dump the rest and clean it up to start it again.

Both my mutt eggs hatched overnight!!!!!!!!!!! Here's one:

This made it a 2/2 hatch for me. 1st time I've ever had a 100% hatch (out of fertile eggs). My 4 Welsumer eggs go into lockdown tomorrow!!
Been so cool to see everyone's chick pix
1f60d.png

@TurkenMomma I'm rooting for your babies over here!!!!!!! If they hatch late you know what to do on the next hatch---raise the temp! You may want to also get another thermometer. HERE'S TO A GOOD HATCH :)

As of 8am there are 8 favs hatched (I miss counted first thing this morning - there were only 6).

All Fav eggs are pipped. The zipped Cochin was just about out when I left for work. Only working a half day so hoping to get some pics this afternoon ;)

Back
Top Bottom