Early Hatch for Ridley Bronze Turkeys HELP

momof12

Chirping
Jun 1, 2020
Hello, I have 32 Ridley Bronze turkey eggs in in incubator, Locked them done on day 25 yesterday, this afternoon I came home to a new poult, currently I have 14 of the 32 eggs hatched. My question why did they hatch so early? and is there going to be an health issues for them being this early ?

Hello, I have 32 Ridley Bronze turkey eggs in in incubator, Locked them done on day 25 yesterday, this afternoon I came home to a new poult, currently I have 14 of the 32 eggs hatched. My question why did they hatch so early? and is there going to be an health issues for them being this early ?
The most likely reason for the early hatch is the incubator temperature was running high. Early hatcers are normally healthier and do better than late hatchers. My turkey eggs normally hatch on day 27 and I call the hatch at the end of day 28.

The most likely reason for the early hatch is the incubator temperature was running high. Early hatcers are normally healthier and do better than late hatchers. My turkey eggs normally hatch on day 27 and I call the hatch at the end of day 28.
Thank you. I appreciate the reassurance, if i may ask you one more question, do you remove the poults from the incubator before all eggs are done hatching ? my incubaotr is full of very inqustive poults, just waiting on 5 eggs. 2 have pipped 1 is almost done zipping and 2 have no external pip yet. in the 2 incubators I have 14 poults in one with 3 more eggs 13 in the other with 2 more eggs.

Thank you. I appreciate the reassurance, if i may ask you one more question, do you remove the poults from the incubator before all eggs are done hatching ? my incubaotr is full of very inqustive poults, just waiting on 5 eggs. 2 have pipped 1 is almost done zipping and 2 have no external pip yet. in the 2 incubators I have 14 poults in one with 3 more eggs 13 in the other with 2 more eggs.
I have no problem removing chicks, keets or poults from the incubator once they are dry. Don't keep the incubator open any longer than necesary. If the humidity gets too low, you can mist the inside of the incubator with 100°F water. Do not spray directly on the eggs. The evaporation will cool the eggs.

I have no problem removing chicks, keets or poults from the incubator once they are dry. Don't keep the incubator open any longer than necesary. If the humidity gets too low, you can mist the inside of the incubator with 100°F water. Do not spray directly on the eggs. The evaporation will cool the eggs.
Bob thank you for your advice, last night at midnight my 30 of 32 ridley bronze poults hatched !!! YAY last week I also successfully hatched 9 out of 11 sweetgrass poults may i ask what is your hatch rate ?

Bob thank you for your advice, last night at midnight my 30 of 32 ridley bronze poults hatched !!! YAY last week I also successfully hatched 9 out of 11 sweetgrass poults may i ask what is your hatch rate ?
My hatch rate is not great because I am a mile high and it makes a difference. Ihave had poorer hatch rates with the new GQF hatcher because it does not have as good of an air flow that the old 1202 does. With the old 1202, I was able to get 100% hatches.

I have a strain of large cochins that take 23 days to hatch, all others will be out at 21 days but these for some reason are slower. Had this happen years ago when I was a boy raising old english silver duckwing large fowl, they took 23 days as well.
My turkeys tend to hatch at 28 but I'm in Oklahoma where we can incubate on the counter in the summer, no extra humidity needed as we can wring it out of the air.

Blessings,

Bo

Back
Top Bottom