Early maturing cockerel?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Now.. I know how behavior is easily written off as him being his mother’s sassy chick but I don’t think I can deny him being a cockerel any longer.
Thought it should confirm.. thick legs, reddening comb, tidbitting and dominant chick(I know hens can be dominant chicks, I just also know it can play into being a cockerel)

He’s about 1 month old, maybe 1 1/2. He DOES have big comb genes. But it’s the legs AND comb that are making me think I can no longer deny it.

Attachments

• IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4344.jpeg
    IMG_4344.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4351.jpeg
    IMG_4351.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 14
I'm honestly on the fence with this one. The comb is a little large, but not overly so. The coloring is really patchy, so I'm leaning towards cockerel. You can update in a couple weeks if you're still unsure.

I'm honestly on the fence with this one. The comb is a little large, but not overly so. The coloring is really patchy, so I'm leaning towards cockerel. You can update in a couple weeks if you're still unsure.
He does have a mix of flowering from his dad and partial white from his momma(I’ve gotten fully white or fully orange chickens from her before) which could make it look patchy? But I did think the placement of the orange was a bit… rooster-y

If I still have him I’ll update here! He might be going to live with a friend of mine

Now Tombo and Dola are looking concerning too 😫 just recently learned 2 of my other chicks are cockerels too based off their color (ended up the mix made sexlinked chicks and the only 2 I got of that mix were cockerels)

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpeg
    IMG_4409.jpeg
    598.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4410.jpeg
    IMG_4410.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4419.jpeg
    IMG_4419.jpeg
    689.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4420.jpeg
    IMG_4420.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 5
Now Tombo and Dola are looking concerning too 😫 just recently learned 2 of my other chicks are cockerels too based off their color (ended up the mix made sexlinked chicks and the only 2 I got of that mix were cockerels)
Are these two the same age as the other one? I think the brown one is a cockerel, but the white is looking like a pullet for now.

Back
Top Bottom