early signs of being a roo?

Pics
If either you or your uncle wants to breed silkies: silkie combs are supposed to look more like Ronnie's, not like Robbie. But if you're not trying to breed correct-looking silkies, then that doesn't matter.

I find it interesting how the color has been changing as they grew-- at one point they looked mostly white, but the most recent pictures have a fair amount of brown. I like the way they look now :)
yeah i understand that! i think if i do hatch eggs from my girls once one of the boys are with them, it would just be when one of my girls go broody and to experience her raising her chicks and such, and to see what comes out of it because i honestly don’t even know what my girls are mixed with.

i agree! robbie also used to have a bunch of black spots when he was younger, but not so much anymore. now he just has a bit of black on his tail and that one black poof on the side of his face, which has only showed up like two days ago. it’s very interesting to see how much they change! i’ve never realized how long their neck fluff would get, you could literally braid it if you wanted to hahaha

it’s been a while since i’ve updated this thread, so here’s a picture of robbie. i ended up rehoming his brother sadly, but it was for the best. he now lives with my uncle and has his own flock of girls! i’ve noticed that robbie doesn’t crow half as much now that he’s the only roo here, thankfully. he’s such a sweet little guy- i really couldn’t ask for a better rooster

53FBA1AB-C024-46D0-AEF8-3D64FD4A7B87.jpeg

it’s been a while since i’ve updated this thread, so here’s a picture of robbie. i ended up rehoming his brother sadly, but it was for the best. he now lives with my uncle and has his own flock of girls! i’ve noticed that robbie doesn’t crow half as much now that he’s the only roo here, thankfully. he’s such a sweet little guy- i really couldn’t ask for a better rooster

View attachment 2665194

View attachment 2665194
I love having a rooster around they give me a sense of security for my flock. Plus they look awesome.

Back
Top Bottom