early signs of being a roo?

an update! the boys are 15 weeks old now. they are starting to make big boy noises! crowing more, and not making their little baby peeps anymore :hit still scared of everything though.. will they ever toughen up? hahaha. today was an extremely nice day, which was weird. it was over 8° celsius! that’s such weird temps for here during this time of the year. we usually have a couple feet of snow during christmas. but i’m definitely not complaining
EAB40BB5-9BB1-47C2-96F7-CF43EE48C2AC.png
724575B5-72CC-4900-9687-CFD68254E7A1.jpeg
807F1CC6-68AF-48F2-8F50-1D647E65DD14.png
A7814EB2-E5DD-4A66-9ABB-3B3906903A79.png

an update! the boys are 15 weeks old now. they are starting to make big boy noises! crowing more, and not making their little baby peeps anymore :hit still scared of everything though.. will they ever toughen up? hahaha. today was an extremely nice day, which was weird. it was over 8° celsius! that’s such weird temps for here during this time of the year. we usually have a couple feet of snow during christmas. but i’m definitely not complainingView attachment 2464417View attachment 2464418View attachment 2464420View attachment 2464423
So cute!

i’ll probably keep updating this thread with pics of them because i enjoy looking back at it and seeing how much they have grown. but the boys are 5 months!! still scared of everything but are going through their moody stage now. they get mad at me and squawk at me, and if they are around the older girls, they try to boss them around, yell at them and do the dance thing at them but the girls honestly couldn’t care less. i’ve made up my mind about what i’m going to do- i’m only going to keep one and the other will go to my uncle (he has 4 hens who are around the same age as my girls and i’m pretty sure one is also a silkie), i’m just not sure who i’m going to keep yet. i’ve grown so attached to both of them so in the end it depends on who the girls like most once i introduce them a bit more in the spring. anyways, here they are. robbie is the first one & ronnie is the other. ronnie isn’t as photogenic haha, a bit of a derp
1F7D9AD3-DF61-42D1-B2BB-C3CDEC39812B.png
C6BDB700-2482-4806-941A-D401F12945B4.png

i’m only going to keep one and the other will go to my uncle (he has 4 hens who are around the same age as my girls and i’m pretty sure one is also a silkie), i’m just not sure who i’m going to keep yet. i’ve grown so attached to both of them so in the end it depends on who the girls like most once i introduce them a bit more in the spring. anyways, here they are. robbie is the first one & ronnie is the other.
If either you or your uncle wants to breed silkies: silkie combs are supposed to look more like Ronnie's, not like Robbie. But if you're not trying to breed correct-looking silkies, then that doesn't matter.

I find it interesting how the color has been changing as they grew-- at one point they looked mostly white, but the most recent pictures have a fair amount of brown. I like the way they look now :)

Back
Top Bottom