Earth Hour- March 28 8:30!

Global warming....
gig.gif
lau.gif
I wont be taking part.
smile.png

Quote:
Just curious...if global warming is a joke to you, why would you even open a thread called "Earth Hour?" Just to make fun of people? Just wondering.
idunno.gif

Quote:
I would just like to comment, not trying to start anything. Global warming is real, it is obvious. The US is divided into zones. These zones seperate climates. NC used to be zone 6, but in the past 6 years it has moved to 7-8.

Quote:
I would just like to comment, not trying to start anything. Global warming is real, it is obvious. The US is divided into zones. These zones seperate climates. NC used to be zone 6, but in the past 6 years it has moved to 7-8.

My area has moved up to a higher gardening zone, as well.

Climate change really is a more accurate term, because it's not just "warming," it's fluctuations different ways in different areas. But it's still no laughing matter, and it's not a "theory" any longer. I guess if I didn't have a child, or a nephew, or young cousins, I might not care about the earth, either...but I do.

Quote:

I've been planning to do this for a while (it's not like it's hard, LOL) but thanks for letting other people know. I think many people on this site are interested in sustainability, and being earth-friendly. I'm surprised at the negative reactions, honestly.

The earth is cooling people, it has been proven. The earth goes thru cylcles where it heats up for several years, and then cools for several years. What happened to the ice age we where headed for back in the 50s or 60s or 70s when ever it was, that blew over now its global warming. I dont buy it. Ive done lots of research myself and havent found much to support it unless its a scientist that is funded and supported by the goverment. Im not trying to get anything started, if you all belive global warming, great I dont have any problems with that at all. Everyone has there own opinions.
smile.png
I just dont belive in it. But kuddos to those who do. And nijapoodles I opened this thread because I have never heard of Earth Hour before, and NO I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF ANYONE. Please dont accuse me of things Im not doing. Thanks.
smile.png

Hey, thanks for making me aware. I am always looking for ways to be friendlier to the earth. Even if it's just a drop in the energy bucket, it would be fun to sit with the lights off, light a few candles, and play my (acoustic) piano. Count me in!

Back
Top Bottom