1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

East Coast Beef Recall

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ArizonaNessa, Nov 2, 2009.

1. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Thanks for this link! [​IMG]

3. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    [​IMG] Wonderful.

Another commercial screwup that the government will use to pin more regulations on the small guys.

"But beef is a breeding ground for e.coli and in 2009 at least 2 deaths were recorded being caused by infected beef. There for stricter laws are in order for everyone, especially the small time farmer" ((We'll just leave the little fact that to contaminate that much beef, it was probably due to dirty equipment in a large scale commercial plant, because a backyard producer would not produce 500,000 lbs of contaminated meat.)) [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Oh yeah, and we fear that us chicken keepers are causing issues! Its the dang FDA who's letting all these tainted products out! I'm afraid of getting sick or dying from spinach and peanut butter more so now, then my parents ever had to deal with it!

I think its time to fulling REMOVE the FDA and start a whole new branch that will actually do good for the consumer rather then keep allowing this to happen! Let the small farmer have a chance already!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by