East egger legbar mix 4 weeks old

Gender?

• Total voters
Confused. Took in a friends chicks and I’m not sure if the chick is a boy since the pea comb has a reddish tint to it. Don’t be filled by the legbar girl look with eye liner and chipmunk stripe.View attachment 2770119View attachment 2770120View attachment 2770122View attachment 2770123View attachment 2770124View attachment 2770125
It's a cockerel. The enlargement, & redness of the comb is usually an early indicator of gender in Easter Eggers. If not, then red patches will be the way to sex them.
20200506_155356.jpg
If the comb is small, pale, & no red patches seen, then it's probably a pullet. Occasionally you'll have late bloomers, who won't shows signs of being Male until a later age.

It's a cockerel. The enlargement, & redness of the comb is usually an early indicator of gender in Easter Eggers. If not, then red patches will be the way to sex them.View attachment 2770802If the comb is small, pale, & no red patches seen, then it's probably a pullet. Occasionally you'll have late bloomers, who won't shows signs of being Male until a later age.
Okay. Your saying mine is showing signs of a male? With the pink comb

It’s not a pea comb, so this doesn’t apply. You look to have a Wyandotte mix chick, not an EE/legbar one.
I got it from my neighbor. Came from an EE egg and her only roo is cream legbar. She doesn’t have a Wyandotte. But could be a comb mess up. I think she will have the same comb the EE mom had.

Back
Top Bottom