Eastcoasteggenthusiast

eastcoasteggs

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 28, 2014
Hi there!
New to BYC, we became chicken obsessed this year after obtaining a pair of silkies and then two leghorns and four RIRs. Enjoying all the great pics! (Especially the silkies :))

Hi :welcome Glad you joined the flock. isn't it amazing how the chickens always multiply when you only start with two. I too only started with two chickens and now without me knowing they grew into 22 !! https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/297632/silkie-thread
Here's the link for the silkie thread hope you enjoy talking to all the other silkie lovers out there. Be sure to ask lots of questions everyone very friendly :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. We are all obsessed with chickens here. Just beware of "chicken math." Very few BYC members are immune to it. :eek:) I used to have some Black Silkies, and they were delightful, little birds; adorable, sweet, funny, and friendly; and Excellent brooders and mothers. Our Silkie hens hatched several broods for us. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. There are several silkie threads, off hand "Nothing but Partridge silkies, , others by color, and a really good "grooming and bathing silkies for show." Did you know there is another variation of silkies called "Showgirls." started with a cross between silkie & turken.. They either have a entirely bare neck, or a bow tie of fluff midway down . I'm told they have the usual silkie personality and brooding desire.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. We are all obsessed with chickens here. Just beware of "chicken math." Very few BYC members are immune to it. :eek:) I used to have some Black Silkies, and they were delightful, little birds; adorable, sweet, funny, and friendly; and Excellent brooders and mothers. Our Silkie hens hatched several broods for us. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thankyou, ah yes chicken math, lol.
Pretty sure we've already been hit by it, lol.
Great to be able to chat with others that have it too!

frow.gif
Silkies are cute!

Welcome to Backyard chickens.    There are several silkie threads,   off hand  "Nothing but Partridge silkies, , others by color, and a really good "grooming and bathing silkies for show."   Did you know there is another variation of silkies called   "Showgirls."   started with a cross between silkie & turken..  They either have a entirely bare neck, or  a bow tie of fluff midway down . I'm told they have the usual silkie personality and brooding  desire.
Thank you, I learn something new about chickens everyday, lol, so interesting. I think I had seen some pics of what I now realize were probably "showgirls" , interesting all the variations isn't it? :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Great to have you aboard! Enjoy your flocks and welcome to our roost!

Back
Top Bottom