Easter chicks

lincolnsilkies

Songster
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
Lincoln Nebraska
Well i ended up with 7 new chicks from people that just wanted them to take pics with for their easter photos. People like that make me angry that they buy them keep them for a week or two then dispose of them like they are nothing anyways i figure i will raise them till they feather out and find them good homes at least they are all pullets one is a buff orp there was two but when i got there to pick them up the ones neck was broken and she was kinda just laying there and could not move around so i had to cull her and out of the other batch i have 3 i think Rhode Island Reds and the others i am not sure of yet but they are yellowish with 2 stripes down their back? anyone know what these might be i will try and post a pic when i get outta work Thanks all!

Were they being abused or something?? If not, i cant see what you are upset about..
Many people hatch out chicks and then sell them for money... many people get hens and sell or eat them them after they stop laying eggs...
Thats not unusual at ALL for people rehome their birds... ask many of the folks on here how many baby chicks they hatch out and sell...
Just cause its done at Easter time is no different... IMO
Rehoming a bird is still still rehoming a bird... :confused:

Well lets see one like i said had a broken neck or something and had to be put down and what i am talking about is people who go buy the chicks for 2 weeks just to take pictures with them and get rid of them so yes that makes me upset. It is totally different if you hatch them out and sell them etc...but when you run to tractor supply or where ever and buy 6 chicks just so you can take pics with them and basically use them as props and then you are done with them you get rid of them or dump them or whatever so yes i do have a problem with those kind of people and that is jmo! And to me a live animal is not a toy or a prop. And yes i do understand your point of what you are talking about re-homing etc

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom