Easter Egg 8 week TSC Chickens?!? Help Please?

The bus to freezer camp leaves tomorrow. Any last hope of these two being hens, or should they be on there way too? They are about 10 weeks old now. On a side note, what is the deal with the comb on the dark one. It is not the same as the rest of the easter eggers? Any reason for that, or just a different genetic line?

Thanks

I'd say the first one couuuld be a pullet but it's hard to tell in that picture if that's a darker red coming in on the wings or not ...
I'd say number 2 is a roo though :/ The curled tail feathers and that splashing of red on the black wings in the first pic of him is typical for a Roo.

You can get an idea from my two:

The left is a Roo with typical red coloring, and the left is a pullet. She has no random splashes of color on her wings so that's how you can tell color-wise she's a pullet.

Hope that helps :)

I'd say the first one couuuld be a pullet but it's hard to tell in that picture if that's a darker red coming in on the wings or not ...
I'd say number 2 is a roo though :/ The curled tail feathers and that splashing of red on the black wings in the first pic of him is typical for a Roo.

You can get an idea from my two:

The left is a Roo with typical red coloring, and the left is a pullet. She has no random splashes of color on her wings so that's how you can tell color-wise she's a pullet.

Hope that helps :)

Agreed! Do you have a closer picture of the first one's comb?

If anyone is interested in an update, here is the mystery bird all grown up. (~26 weeks) The only easter egger pullet out of all of them. She laid her first greenish blue egg last weekend . I still think that looks like the aforementioned red on the shoulder/wing, but she is laying eggs and not crowing, so be it. Thank you all for the help.

If anyone is interested in an update, here is the mystery bird all grown up. (~26 weeks) The only easter egger pullet out of all of them. She laid her first greenish blue egg last weekend . I still think that looks like the aforementioned red on the shoulder/wing, but she is laying eggs and not crowing, so be it. Thank you all for the help.

Thanks for the update, I love to see how they turn out. She's lovely!

I am glad she turned out to be a pullet and a very pretty one at that.

Thank you for the update. Most posts dont have a conclusion.

its nice to know.

I have glad you've got at list one pullet. She is very beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom