Easter Egger?? Age?

My white EE laid the prettiest blue egg. More blue than any of my EE's. Pure white. Darling.
myflockinFeb013.jpg

You will probably get a pinkish brown egg, since the blue egg gene is associated with the gene for pea combs. She is still lovely, and an egg is an egg. My lovely black EE used to lay pinkish eggs.

Quote:
Well..still no eggs but she is a pullet. Thank goodness! I think she is waiting for longer daylight and warmer weather. I think she was alittle older than I thought. She is looking a lot like my Red sexlink hens body wise. I think she is about 21 weeks now. The barred bird behind her in one of the pictures is a Roo for sure. He is beginning to act like a roo and has found his purpose! lol He is turning into a really nice looking bird. Thanks for asking.

Does she have a pea or straight or cross comb? I can't tell from the pic! Glad she's a girl. She looked girly to me in those pics. My cockerels all have long neck and legs by the time they are filled out as much as she was in your OP.

Thanks for the update. Glade she turned out to be a pullet. I have trouble sometimes with determining sex of white chickens. Hope she starts laying you some pretty eggs soon.

YAY!!!! She laid today!!! && in the nest box!! I had let the chickens out and was just hanging around watching them...after a few minutes of being out ,she went back in the coop & got the in nesting box...she is normally a very quiet bird but she was singing her eggs song! I was so excited. I stood out there freezing so I could watch. I thought maybe she was just trying it out..but when she left the nest....This is what I found
112202_easters_egg4.jpg

The smaller light pinkish tan one is her's!!
112202_easters_egg1.jpg

The larger brown egg are from
112202_easters_egg2.jpg
my red sexlinks..

Back
Top Bottom