Easter Egger changed egg color on me.

claychickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 5, 2009
Clay Alabama
I have 2 EE's. both eight months old. One blue has been laying for a couple months a pinkish brown egg. 2 a week on average. More lately. The Brown one is the bottom of the pecking order and layed 1 WHITE egg (?) and then another a couple weeks later. Then nothing for several months and now today I get a green egg. WOW. I was very surprised. Do eggs change or did the odd white eggs come from elsewhere. All the others (10) are Barred rocks and Astralorps.

One of my EEs lays an aqua egg and the other layed an aqua egg for about a month and a half or so and now lays a sage colored egg... which was a surprise. From what they say on here, a white egg is white inside (with the membrane pulled back), a brown egg is a white shell inside (brown overlay), a blue egg is a blue shell inside, a green egg is a blue shell inside (brown overlay)... so it seems impossible that a blue/green egg could turn white. A brown egg layer could lay a white if their overlay was missing... Does that make sense? So I say that the odd white egg came from someone else OR your pink/brown egg layer layed it.
hu.gif
Both my EEs have blue shell inside.

You are right. the 6 Barred Rocks are Bantams. Easy to pick out thier eggs. The 4 Astralorps Lay LARGE eggs so they are easy to pick out. The white Eggs could have been from our Blue EE that lays the pinkish Brown eggs.

Two days in a row. Green eggs and Ham I am. I take back all the bad things I said about her now. I can't believe she is Over eight months old to start laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom