Easter Egger Chickens, Rooster or Pullet?

KBev8

In the Brooder
May 23, 2017
I have two 10 week old Easter Egger chickens. I was told they were pullets but my son thought he heard one of my chickens trying to crow. He just couldn't figure out who was making the sound. I also have 2 Red Sex Links, 2 Black Australorps, and 2 Rhode Island Red who all appear to be female (to my untrained eye). So if my son actually heard an attempted crow I'm assuming it came from one of my Easter Eggers. What do you think? Roo or Pullet? The Black and brown one is named Lady Liberty and the lighter colored one is Sam. Sam's comb seems much more pink than Liberty's, and Liberty has some tail feathers that seem Rooish to my untrained eye. I'm very new at this, these are my first chickens so I would appreciate everyone's thoughts. I know I still have a lot to learn. Thanks!
IMG_7719.JPG
IMG_7721.JPG
IMG_7723.JPG
IMG_7734.JPG

IMG_7743.JPG
IMG_7742.JPG
IMG_7744.JPG

Welcome to BYC.
Will you please post pics of your other chicken too.

Yes, I have 2 Red Sex Links so i'm pretty certain they're pullets. But here are some pictures of them. This is Jordan.
IMG_7733.JPG

In the picture below, Jordan is the Sex Link in the back between the RIR and the EE. Hannah is closest to the camera.
IMG_7741.JPG

I have two Black Australorps. Those are the only chickens that were straight run. I used to think one of them was a rooster but neither of them seem to have Red enough combs to look like a rooster to me. They are however only 8 weeks old. Whereas all the other chickens are 10 weeks.
IMG_7671.JPG

I have noticed that my Rhode Island Reds have different looking tail feathers. So perhaps one of them is a rooster. This is Fallon. Her tail feathers seem more pointy than my other RIR.
IMG_7738.JPG

In this picture you can see the difference in the tails of Rhode Island Reds. Kate in the back has rounded tail feathers. Fallon in front of her has pointy tail feathers.
IMG_7732.JPG

Those are my chickens. Do any seem like they could be a rooster?

Attachments

• IMG_7741.JPG
    IMG_7741.JPG
    427.3 KB · Views: 0
Thank you. I agree only adding the suspect birds is sufficient! My suspect chickens were the 2 EE's I originally posted. I only added the rest of the birds because someone requested it!

Sorry, I just reread your post, I misunderstood. Thank you for the link.

Back
Top Bottom