Easter Egger chicks! Help me ID them?

Lavender Mum

Chirping
Mar 22, 2023
Hey BYC peeps,
I got 5 easter egger chicks a few days ago. I know they aren't a breed and more of a mutt. I wanted to know if any chicken experts could weigh in and tell me what breeds my little cuties look like. Im hoping I get a splash because my grey spotted one reminds me of a splash ameraucana. The really dark one reminds me of a blue laced red wyandotte. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 9-1.jpeg
    9-1.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 10
Hey BYC peeps,
I got 5 easter egger chicks a few days ago. I know they aren't a breed and more of a mutt. I wanted to know if any chicken experts could weigh in and tell me what breeds my little cuties look like. Im hoping I get a splash because my grey spotted one reminds me of a splash ameraucana. The really dark one reminds me of a blue laced red wyandotte. Thanks in advance!
Oh they just so cute!!! The best way to find out how the hatchery made them is pull up a chat session on the hatchery website or send email. If you got from a local feed store, you have to first ask them what hatchery they source. I know everything about mine because they come from Privett and I ask Privett (as an example.) I'm going to say that I highly doubt you have Wyandotte in the mix anywhere. Likely Ameraucana, Welsummer, something, something, something. ENJOY!!

Oh they just so cute!!! The best way to find out how the hatchery made them is pull up a chat session on the hatchery website or send email. If you got from a local feed store, you have to first ask them what hatchery they source. I know everything about mine because they come from Privett and I ask Privett (as an example.) I'm going to say that I highly doubt you have Wyandotte in the mix anywhere. Likely Ameraucana, Welsummer, something, something, something. ENJOY!!
I got mine from cackle so ill definitely get in touch with them to see what breeds they mix.
I pray your right about them being welsummer because id love speckled eggs. Your right about the Ameraucana because I have lavender Ameraucana and some look similar.

They’re probably blue rather than lavender (lavender is a lot less common since it’s recessive)
I just want a variety of egg colors from these EE's. I'm afraid they'll be all blue because the photos they show on their site for the EE's seem to be the same color. Online im seeing images that their EE's have an array of colors

Back
Top Bottom