Easter Egger club!

OMG they are so beautiful!!
thumbsup.gif
They really are!

These are my EE. The one on the top left is OM (Over Medium) Omelet is the one soaking her feet in the drinking water. Poached and Scrambled are sharing a dust bath and Benedict is having her own personal dust bath. Poached and OM are my sweetest. Poach will climb on my shoulder every time she gets the chance to. OM always follows me closely and gets right on my face, but if she sees Poached too close to me, she puffs up and pulls a beak full of feathers from her. I haven't figured out if its jealousy or just a pecking order. Benedict was the first one who got sweet and personal with me, but now she just goes her own way. I have noticed they change personalities and just because one is close to me now doesn't meant it will stay that way. Has anyone else had this happened to them. Right now they are 20 weeks old and OM just started to lay eggs. I don't know if that has anything to do with the change in personality.

Ok guys I'm geting some EE chicks and my sister wants to know if they'll go broody because she loves it when the hens run around with the little chicks

I felt really bad yesterday...DH and I had to go out of town for the day. So after only being in the run for a couple hours in the morning, we had to lock my chicks up in the coop for the rest of the day.
Early this morning I went out to let the girls out (romane lettuce in hand for an "I'm sorry" treat). Now normally I can hear them chirping, but it was quiet. I called to them like I always do...nothing :/
I peeked in through the vents and couldn't see them. At this point I'm starting to panic! I opened the pop door to find the majority of the bedding displaced (center of the coop completely bare)... I was like ok, where's my babies??? Then I heard a chirp...looked up, and all four girls were up on their roost!!! As far as I know this is the first time they've spent the night up there. These girls amaze me everyday!

I didn't get any easter eggers this year but here are some pictures of my two EEs Pine and Maple.

This is Maple second in the pecking order.

This picture was taken on a rainy day so I gave my hens some brown paper towels used for shipping to dry them off

Pine the flock leader ( in front) next to my Red Star Sugar, if you look closely you can see that her toes seem weird (it's because they were bitten off by a raccoon a few years ago) and she has trouble running with the rest of the flock because of the injury.
sad.png

Yum, eating sunflower seeds

Pine doing that hawk like look of hers

These are some little chicks I was babysitting for a friend

The chick looking at the camera and dark brown one in the back are EEs

Those chubby cheeks are adorable!

The first day out

Chickens with fluffy frames seem like they go broody a lot because my BA who is FLUFFY! Went broody and so did my Cochin bantam and my Rhode Island Red. Yet my silkies who have not gone broody yet are fluffy. But like they said a hen who shows signs of a motherly instinct should go broody one time or another.

Back
Top Bottom