Easter Egger club!

Hiding in the bushes.

Cute! Chicken of the woods!

We had the same dilemma so I totally understand...both on the too excited and the too hot :celebrate We're in Arkansas. What we ended up doing is putting a "screen door" where the door for the nesting boxes is. It can be taken off and on. It was awesome. I still worried, it was pretty hot for a few of those days. I had jugs of water freezing just in case they needed some A/C :lol: but it cooled back down.
Awesome idea. Thanks.

On a happy side note. After dinner I got sidetracked with relaxing when all of a sudden my husband noticed the sun had gone down. He was like hey you gotta go put the girls to bed! So we headed out there, only to find they were already in the coop, all snuggled up together in the corner :)
So I said goodnight and shut the pop door. I think my girls are pretty awesome (especially since they're only 5 1/2 woks old).

I am confused and have read through a bunch of EE threads and the Ameraucana threads.

I was told my hen was an Ameraucana, but now I'm questioning if she's a mix EE. I'm am now fairly convinced she's an EE having slate green legs with white bottoms and some white scales, white skin but has the mottles feathers with grey undercoat. She most be close to an Ameraucana, but still and EE considering she follows some of the requirements of the breed with the wrong coloring. Any ideas?

This is Chewbaca aka Chewy. She's very skittish, hangs back when feeding and doesn't like to be picked up. She'll come forward for blueberries and crickets.

Last edited:
I am confused and have read through a bunch of EE threads and the Ameraucana threads. I was told my hen was an Ameraucana, but now I'm questioning if she's a mix EE. Any ideas? This is Chewbaca aka Chewy. She's very skittish, hangs back when feeding and doesn't like to be picked up. She'll come forward for blueberries and crickets.
I found this site which seems helpful: http://huckfarm.com/chickens/what-is-an-ameraucana/ It talks about what differentiates between araucanas, ameraucanas and EEs.

Here are my 3 easter egger pullets, who are now about 19 weeks old. No eggs yet, but should be coming soon as they have started doing the "egg squat" and all are much more chatty lately.

Amelia

Prim

Beardie-

Back
Top Bottom