Easter Egger club!

i think Darla's Santa Clause beard adds a certain charm to my funky group of girl...yes? Shes undeniably my favorite, she was my youngest, babiest chick, and is now my funniest pullet. i was going to give her away when i got my silkie because she seemed to cause the other gals to pick on the silk, but after a couple days in prison, i grew very close and very fond of her. she must have known her fate as she shmoozed me and cuddled me until i announced to the faithfull boyfriend that she was from then on out a staple to the coop! . Oh Darla, you shmuck
love.gif

37699_409783382771_529452771_463927.jpg

and yes, there is now peace in the mini-flock!

I have 3 EE's - sold as Ameracauna's but they were all from the Grange Co-op, so I'm sure they're EE's.
smile.png
They're all about 6 to 7 weeks old.

Here is Charlotte (the EE) with my youngest, who just turned 5.
46187_dsc06910.jpg

This is Lucky.
46187_dsc06895.jpg

Not the best picture, but here is Cleo (with Charlotte in the back left)
46187_dsc06904.jpg

Count me in! I have a bunch ... I love them!

Amelia
44629_dsc08489_a.jpg

Delores
44629_dsc08070_a.jpg

Jules
44629_dsc08897.jpg

Penelope/Penny
44629_dsc08964.jpg

Cassiopeia/Cassie
44629_dsc08950.jpg

Eve
44629_dsc00672.jpg

Gemma
44629_dsc00659.jpg

Isabel
44629_dsc00681.jpg

So those are the grown ups and I will get some new pics of the chicks real soon.

Cassie is beautiful!

Mine has no name, mostly because I haven't taken the time to even consider it, although I am pretty certain I have 3 pullets, I am kinda wishing they were all EEs for a couple of reasons:

1) The EE seems to have the best staying alive skills= runs under stuff where alarm is sounded, goes into coop first at night, etc.

2) The EE is quieter and doesn't stand around bawlking, blawking, complaining and moaning (I think this is the family version of what I am trying to say) about stuff.

3) The EE is quick as a bunny, will steal food right out of the others beak and run away with it! Makes me laugh everytime, becuse it is like the others turn to me as if to say, "Did you just see what she did???? ", essentially complain to me like I am actually gonna do something about it!
lau.gif

4) The EE is more beautiful than the other two put together! See for yourself!

She is with her brother in this picture and she is even more prettier now.

56763_debs_chickens38.jpg

love.gif

Quote:
I'm so happy to hear that Darla is getting along so well now! I don't blame you for getting so attached to her, she's a beauty! Although the other pics I've seen of her show her off better.

fl_deb, I know what you mean! I have an EE pullet that is 8 months younger than my oldest hens and she is always out with the big girls fighting them for treats! None of the younger ones will venture out into their area yet except for sweet cheeks! She's not aggressive but she is certainly assertive!
big_smile.png
I hope my youngest EEs turn out just like her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom