Easter Egger club!

Well, it seems as though I am going to have to thin my flock. I have 7 hens and 6 roos. My question is about my 4 EE boys: Will their color/pattern/comb have any affect on future chicks I may or may not decide to hatch? I know EEs are a mixed bag and there are lots of possibilities, but how much of that falls on the roo? I only have 2 EE girls, both beautifully colored different grays. I'm having a hard time deciding which roos to keep. (I figured on keeping 2) My favorite boy is a coppery red with black/green tail feathers and a big single comb. The other 3 have smaller pea type combs and are mostly black with splashes of white/red/gold that seem to keep changing. I also have 2 huge silkie roosters, one of which has established dominance over the bunch. The larger one is a monster in size and seems to be pretty aggressive. Should I consider keeping him just because he is aggressive for protection purposes??? (They free range 2-6 hrs/day) I'm really in a pickle here! I've actually considered building each roo a small pen of his own to be able to keep them all because I know they will eventually start to fight beyond their current playful sparring. Help!!!
If you have raised them together they should not fight. I have 6 running around here no problems at all.

Do you think my pullet, Chicken Nugget, is an Easter Egger? She was sold to me as an Olive Egger but I do not know enough about the breed to know the difference! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    548.9 KB · Views: 20
Looks like a Splash Ameraucana to me. What color are the undersides of her feet?
This is another one of mine, Lagertha, that was sold to me as an Ameraucana but she doesn't quite fit the breed description so I guess maybe she could be an EE??

Attachments

• IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1278.JPG
    IMG_1278.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom