Easter Egger club!

First time finally finding some EE chicks after years of chicken keeping lol. Mama penny watching on protectively as they've grown! Suspect one may be a boy(has red feathers popping up at less than 6 weeks :/) but we think we'll live whith a roo vs hen ratio of 2-6 for now until we get more girls plus the boys won't mature for quite awhile yet XD
20180728_062441.jpg 20180729_085756.jpg 20180808_172518.jpg 20180822_144412.jpg 20180825_131331.jpg

I have three easter eggers right now. They're some of my favorites!!

full

This is McChicken, named because, back when I used to not let them free range during the entire day, she would always figure out a way to escape and free range anyway and I thought she would be the first to become a snack for a predator. I was wrong, thankfully. She is one of my favorites.

full

This one does not have a name. She is very skittish, but overall pretty friendly.

full

This one is Eagle. :)

I also have two easter egger/cochin babies. They aren't so little anymore, but they are very interesting to look at:
full

Here is the one that has the "beard" like easter eggers. I cannot find a good photo of the other one, which you can see in this photo behind the grey cochin, but he has no beard and is overall much lighter. They are both very sweet and pretty.

I have three easter eggers right now. They're some of my favorites!!

full

This is McChicken, named because, back when I used to not let them free range during the entire day, she would always figure out a way to escape and free range anyway and I thought she would be the first to become a snack for a predator. I was wrong, thankfully. She is one of my favorites.

full

This one does not have a name. She is very skittish, but overall pretty friendly.

full

This one is Eagle. :)

I also have two easter egger/cochin babies. They aren't so little anymore, but they are very interesting to look at:
full

Here is the one that has the "beard" like easter eggers. I cannot find a good photo of the other one, which you can see in this photo behind the grey cochin, but he has no beard and is overall much lighter. They are both very sweet and pretty.
So neat!

Hello EE owners. I personally love my trio of EE chicks, and there doesn't seem to be many others who love them as much as I do. I think they are beautiful, loving little birds, and I wanted to meet a few others who adore them as much as I do.

To join my little "club"
wink.png
---

1- Post a picture of your EE(s) (If possible)
2- Tell us their names
3- Have fun!

I started this club so we can share stories and information about our Easter Eggers.

---------------------

My EE's

From Left to Right:
Othello (Roo), Marshmallow (Pullet), and Cookie (Pullet)
53152_video_111_0_00_00-01.jpg

I have read how you can tell a pullet from a rooster by feathers, tail, comb, and lots of things. I have an 18-week old Easter Egger, Maize, with pointy feathers and a tail like your Bonnie, but I am sure she is a pullet. The only thing I see with "Bonnie" is a larger comb than my Maize has. Even now at 18 weeks, she hardly has anything going up there. It could be an individual thing, and I'm certainly no expert! Hope she stays Bonnie Blue Buttler-love the name!

I have read how you can tell a pullet from a rooster by feathers, tail, comb, and lots of things. I have an 18-week old Easter Egger, Maize, with pointy feathers and a tail like your Bonnie, but I am sure she is a pullet. The only thing I see with "Bonnie" is a larger comb than my Maize has. Even now at 18 weeks, she hardly has anything going up there. It could be an individual thing, and I'm certainly no expert! Hope she stays Bonnie Blue Buttler-love the name!
Thank you! She was named for being a Blue egg layer (lol) but also rhymed with her paired up hen : ) Donnie Girl (barred rock) Donnie arrived without her pair and this alone black chick became Bonnie!

Thank you! She was named for being a Blue egg layer (lol) but also rhymed with her paired up hen : ) Donnie Girl (barred rock) Donnie arrived without her pair and this alone black chick became Bonnie!
Donnie Girl (Donnie) was who I bought the chicks from!

Back
Top Bottom