Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. judacious

judacious Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2014
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Hello I am new we bought 12 chicks 4 are 8 weeks old and hens for sure 2 speckled sextons and 2 black sex links and 8 of the chicks are 4 weeks old 4 gold sex links and 4 EE from a farmer co-op store they were labeled amerucanas (spelling?) but im sure they are EE from reading on the forum. One of them I am pretty sure may be a rooster but I was wondering if you all could help me with that. he/she already gets up in front of the group and acts the protector, and she is much larger than the other 3. I read that if they get red on shoulders it might be a roo but red is kind of relevant to who is looking at the color lol. [​IMG]

2. Gryphon

Gryphon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Iowa
    Ooh yeah with that comb and red rust shoulders that's a little cockerel you've got on your hands.

3. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is taco! s/he is 7 weeks old today. I was hoping if someone can tell me if it is a cockerel or not. I saw it doing the pecking order type ritual with my other for sure cockerel, but I don't know if that should mean it is a cockerel for sure. Someone want to tell me what you think?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cluckcluck3499

cluckcluck3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    [​IMG]
    My beautiful EE echo.. She's so pretty <3

5. windnleavesfarm

windnleavesfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    central new york
    Do RE usually have feathers on their legs? I bought some EE chicks today and I think I have two with feathered legs.
    [​IMG]

6. chickenlver2013

chickenlver2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm leaning towards girl

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  7. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    It's not common, but since EE's are just Ameraucanas crossed with something else, it could very well be. Cheek puffs are the big giveaway that you have an EE--not many breeds have those.

8. alibra

alibra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Any pics of the legs?

9. windnleavesfarm

windnleavesfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    central new york
    I will tomorrow!

10. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Kiwi is a month old, and still no red shoulders! I hope she stays that way. She is bantam
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by